Rather than wait for that to happen,

Could you give some numbers about that hosting? Disk space, amount of transfered data, sw requirements, and whatever.

I would like to study a solution around here...

That's one of the areas in which things have been difficult - stats. The guy who hosts the www.freedos.org site doesn't believe in stats for some reason, and hasn't been willing to install anything that allows tracking of stats. So I can't tell you about bandwidth on the server.

Disk space is fairly light, since I've been in the process already of moving site content into the /freedos directory (if it's content that needs to be mirrored) or onto freedos.sourceforge.net (if it's large or rarely-used content.)

Total space used on the www.freedos.org web server:

$ du -sh /web/www.freedos.org/
 36M    /web/www.freedos.org/

Most of that is the web site:

$ ls /web/www.freedos.org/
bugzilla/               build/                  perl/
bugzilla-2.18.3.tar.gz  htdocs/

$ du -sh /web/www.freedos.org/htdocs/
 20M    /web/www.freedos.org/htdocs/

**note: 9.7MB of htdocs is a "backups" directory.

$ du -sh /web/www.freedos.org/{bugzilla,perl}
7.6M    /web/www.freedos.org/bugzilla
4.9M    /web/www.freedos.org/perl

**build is just a temporary directory where I compiled perl mods needed for Bugzilla, but never got around to deleting this dir afterwards.

To support Bugzilla, I need UNIX (Linux preferred) and a recent version of perl. I can locally-compile any missing perl mods.

-jh

--
I'm sorry my president's an idiot. I didn't vote for him.