---- Activé lun., 28 mars 2022 08:24:15 -0400 Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net>
écrit ----
>But with how easy package installation is after the initial install using
>FDIMPLES, I wonder
> why bother with FULL at all?  Why not just install BASE? The user could
> install additional packages later
For people installing on real hardware, DOS may not provide network drivers for
their hardware.
For them installing almost all make much sense.

I was about writing some of my ideas about goint toward constant releases.

Current ibiblio repositories goes like:
1.1
1.2
1.3
latest

I am thinking going toward:
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.3Updates
raw
next

where 1.3 updates would contains new packages for 1.3, even if fdimples would
probably know how to
handle it... still usefull to me to have a place with just changed packages
since 1.3

raw would be not yet packaged files... for developers not making specifcally
freedos packages

next would be the next version with the new ideas, maybe with a slightly
differrent package format.
I am thinking about having an extension of .dpk or .dpg for (Free)D(os)
packages. To make it explicit
it is a file ready to be served to fdimples, rather than some .zip file.