On 08/26/16 14:12, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Memdisk already supports being a disk number other than 0x00 or 0x80,
> and the DL register will reflect that.  However, I was thinking of
> provided a more explicit hint, so that scripts can reply on the
> ramdisk being, say, R:

So, in case there is any interest whatsoever: I would suggest returning
the desired drive letter in register AL when INT 13h AH=08h is invoked
with the MEMDISK extensions.  I can verify that all versions of MEMDISK
that have been created return zero in register AL, so there wouldn't be
a backwards compatibility issue.

        -hpa