Michael Devore schreef:
Different issue entirely. Don't know what's going on in VMware, it may just not like VDS.

very probably, yes, Michael.
Mark, can you try loading UDMA2.SYS anyway (in front of EMM386)?

DEVICE=HIMEM.EXE
DEVICE=UDMA2.SYS
DEVICE=EMM386.EXE VDS other_options

if that works, then finally what happens for me in VMware isn't specifically a VMware bug :)

for the record, the emulator uses a 'Phoenixbios 4.0 release 6'.
wish I could load a proper Linuxbios bios imagefile, then see DOS fail miserably :)

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/udma/devel/Udma2_25.zip

Bernd