Ok, you moved from one impossible thing to another. DOS can only boot
from the first disk...

BUT maybe a trick that I found some time ago can help: Grub can remap
disks, I used it to move Windows XP, so it may work for DOS:

# Windows XP SP2
         title Windows XP
         rootnoverify (hd1,0)
         map (hd0) (hd1)
         map (hd1) (hd0)
         chainloader +1

The maps commands switch disks (I really don't know how) in a way that
the OS is fooled just right. Try it!

I hope this help :)
Alain