Hi :-)

> DOS has not package manager like most Linux Distros. You can NOT use
> your Linux package manager to download software for DOS.

Freedos does have a package manager, but installing a package
in freedos is almost the same as unzipping the zip with the
package in the fdos directory :-). Some tools which can use
freedos packages include install, textinst, fdpkg and fdupdate.

The difference between unzipping and using a package manager
is that the latter can also check for dependencies and can run
batch files (which are in the zips) for some things, such as
the "do before installing", "do before updating" or "do when
uninstalling" batch of things to be done :-).

As said in my previous mail, everybody is welcome to make
zips in fdupdate compatible format when there are updates
listed on freedos.org but not yet available on fdupdate.
We need a full collection of zips for at least the "base"
category to be able to make a FreeDOS 1.1 CDROM ISO, so
you all can help with that :-).

> already updated packages: http://mateusz.viste.free.fr/fdupdate/
> list of versions: http://www.freedos.org/freedos/software/
> some updated packages: http://rugxulo.googlepages.com/