Hi!

>>> www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/lbacache/2008/
>> Lbacache.com 6 Apr 2008; no apparent change if still without TUNS.

> Same lbcache, no TUNS, when I try to copy certain files I get:
> LBACACHE flush: write error.0180/CHS#3c3c

Odd. That message means:

- you tried to write CHS style (how big is your disk and where
  is the partition? CHS can only reach the first 8 Gigabytes)
- error 1 happened, invalid function or parameter
- disk was 80 (first harddisk)
- 3c out of 3c sectors written in that call (30 kB)

Do I understand you right that TUNS makes the problem go away?
Do the files copy okay / contents okay in spite of the message?

Eric