Assuming nothing on the machine then install Linux and use grub as
your boot loader. Leave an extra partition for FreeDOS later. Once
Linux is up and running install FreeDOS on the extra partition and
modify the grub config file to give you the additional boot option.

All of my machines run at least Gentoo, FreeDOS and Windows XP if not more.

Granted, if you haven't done it before then it's going to be a bit of
a stretch for a newbie, but it's doable.

Hope this helps,
Mark