Felix Miata wrote:

> As long as some type of boot manager is employed to choose among installed
> operating systems, both DOS and Linux are totally competent to coexist on one
> computer system.

Hi Felix:

The only time I ever got Linux to install on a drive that already had an
OS, it only installed when I gave it a primary partition.  And that is
definitely not my first choice.

I have been running Dos, Win and OS/2 together since W95.  At first I
had DOS and Win95 on primary, FAT16, C: and everything else on logicals.
  W2K was too big for that so I put it on a logical after whatever
versions of OS/2 I had.  Even tho modern OS/2 may not need to be under
1024 I still keep them up front.  Typically, W4 and eCS each at 800M.
And DOS is now the only OS on C:, the only primary.  All my desktops
have either W2K or WXP on a logical.  My laptop has both.  And none of
my desktops have any LVM.  All my HDDs are front panel plug-in and LVM
makes it difficult to swap drives; they have to be mounted.

With that as a starting point can I put Linux on a logical(s)?

Ray