2011/4/11, Michael B. Brutman <mbbrut...@brutman.com>:

Oh, I forgot to address this one:

> Most of us like this progress.  While I do enjoy tinkering with my old
> hardware, it's not usable for things that most people need to do today.

No, you're wrong; it's not usable for bloated software of today, not
for the things that most people do:

#v+
"Check out the results! For the functions that people use most often,
the 1986 vintage Mac Plus beats the 2007 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+: 9
tests to 8! Out of the 17 tests, the antique Mac won 53% of the time!
Including a jaw-dropping 52 second whipping of the AMD from the time
the Power button is pushed to the time the Desktop is up and useable.
[..]
...it can be stated that for the majority of simple office uses, the
massive advances in technology in the past two decades have brought
zero advance in productivity".
#v-

http://tinyurl.com/2hxfjd

--