I am planning to install FreeDOS to an old Seagate disk drive that I
converted to a USB drive by installing it into a Vantec NexStar3
NST-360U2-BK hard drive enclosure.

As part of this installation process, I would like to format this
USB-converted drive, but when I select that option, I get the following
message:

WARNING: ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK
DRIVE C: WILL BE LOST! PLEASE CONFIRM!
Proceed with format (YES/NO)?

While I could easily choose to do so, I am concerned that I might end up
erasing the wrong Drive C, i.e. the hard drive where my Linux
installation is located. What I want to know is ... is this message
referring to my USB-converted drive or the hard drive where my Linux
installation is located?

Arthur