Hi,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:30 AM, David Griffith <dgri...@cs.csubak.edu> wrote:

> Recently I've dusted off Frotz and am actively working on it now.  One of
> the things I'd like to do is incorporate the changes I've made to the core
> back to DOS Frotz.  In particular I want to allow DOS Frotz to open blorb
> files and get sound and V6 graphics resources from there instead of
> seperate files.  I want to make sure the result is usable on the IBM PC
> 5150.  I have a copy of Turbo C 2.01, which should be good enough.  Does
> anyone here have any other suggestions?

Do you actually have an IBM 5150? I'm not saying targeting that is a
bad goal, but indeed it's hard to target something you don't have in
real life in actual hardware. Or is that just your generic target
(aka, 8086)?

I think TC201 is too old to be useful (some bugs, lacks). At the very
least, I'd recommend TC++101 or (even better) OpenWatcom. There are
others too, of course.

And keep in mind that I've only very rarely used Frotz, mostly for
zedfunge / zbefunge, and I've not really used it for playing games,
esp. not gfx ones. The one I ended up preferring was from circa 2000
(Jim Dunleavy? 2.40?), a port to DJGPP. So I would personally start
there (esp. since older 16-bit version was only 2.32, IIRC).

http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXinfocomXinterpretersXfrotz.html

P.S. IIRC, usosutki (sp?), aka Steve Nickolas, was involved in a port
at some point. He was active on this mailing list a few months ago, so
perhaps he'll respond with better info.