Hi,

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Louis Santillan <lpsan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> With all this talk of really old NTs, is there a reason ReactOS wouldn't
> work for some of you?

I don't use "really old NTs". Outside of Jack, I don't recall anyone
else saying they use such a version. If it works for him, good, "just
use it!" I wasn't really being serious trying to tell him to upgrade
to XP, it was just me mentioning it for completeness.

ReactOS, I haven't really tried it in recent years. IIRC, it was
"alpha" (buggy) quality. I don't know if I have much optimism for
them, it's just too hard. Emulating all the dark corners of MS-DOS was
clearly hard enough, and ReactOS is probably 100x more complex by
design. I just don't know if it will ever be stable. So of course I
wouldn't recommend that to Jack. Presumably somebody would tell him to
use some popular (but "stable") Linux distro (Ubuntu? Fedora?) + WINE
instead, though I'm skeptical his machine is new enough (as OSes
refuse to care about older hardware anymore).