Hi Mike,

Yes, of course it's a totally cool solution. The problem is purely
conceptual - I already have a host that acts as a "server" for many
things, and have configured a local anonymous FTP server on it, so I'd
prefer to use this.

The DOS computer, like all other user-handled computers at home, have a
DHCP address, and doesn't get the same IP all the time (sure, I could
set a static lease for the DOS computer...). Also, when I'm playing with
the DOS machine, I usually prefer not to move around the house from one
PC to another, and just sit behind the DOS machine, having access to
whatever I need.

So no reason to be confused, the "DOS PC as FTP server" is a perfectly
valid (and working) solution, just not fitting exactly in my (very
personal) needs.

The only thing I need to look for now is a user-friendly FTP client I
could use from the DOS PC. Currently I use either curl (if I need to
fetch) or the wattcp FTP client (if I need to push), but since I
discovered the FTP capabilities of the latest NDN (thanks Rugxulo!), I
will definitely try to make it work, as it's *exactly* what I was
looking for. Too bad it craps on me so far, but this must be some
configuration problem - Rugxulo implied it worked for him, so there must
be a way to make it work on my PC, too.

BTW, I also tried the FTP client that comes with mTCP, but it proved to
be hardly useable on my PC. Dunno what's wrong, the symptom is that it
reacts very poorly to keyboard input, at every keypress, I have to wait
like 1s or 2 for the character to appear on the screen. Typing the
"anonymous" login itself is quite frustrating already, not talking about
any further get/put/ls magic.
Any idea why it's behaving this way? (this might be a subject better
suited offlist, if you'd like me to perform any debugging steps, which
I'll be glad to follow, if you think there's a point to look for some
bug there).

cheers,
Mateusz