On 08/15/2014 03:01 PM, Tom Ehlert wrote:
> it should have been
>        c:\USR\BIN\ZIP %0 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

Okay, I understand now, you were simply trying to be able to use 10
parameters instead of 9. I didn't ever think about this limitation,
since 9 parameters were always enough for my needs, but your zip example
is perfectly valid, and it might indeed be a problem for some users.
Wors, it might be perceived as a FreeDOS "bug".

I'm not sure what alternative we would have here. Hacking up multiple
shift invocations, as you propose (possibly looped?) could be some solution.

> noone will read documentation anyway

This might be true, but doesn't mean we should strip it right away :)

cheers,
Mateusz