On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste.fr> wrote:

> But the question now is different (I took the liberty to change the
> subject of this message accordingly): where would you put applications
> that need to be reachable from %PATH% ?

>From a system viewpoint, it doesn't matter, as long as the location
where they are placed is added to %PATH%.

This might be something FDNPKG could do.  Alternatively, the users
could be told they needed to edit AUTOEXEC.BAT to add the specified
directory.

I think I'm inclined to the latter.  There's a discussion elsewhere
about when to *stop* trying to automate and punt an edge case to the
user.  This strikes me as such a place.  Let the user specify a
location other than default, but if they do and it needs to be in
%PATH%, it's up to them to add it to %PATH%.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519