Hi,

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Don Flowers <donr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The wiki article is good as far as it goes, I collected all the pieces of
> the networking puzzle mentioned in the article, but can't seem to assemble
> them correctly. My currebn method of file transfer is via USB, and I am
> experiencing quite a bit of data corruption.

USB jump drive? Between what, different host OSes or different
computers? I'm pretty sure USB jump drives aren't infallible, not to
mention the fact that they are slow (and thus need to be cached, which
I think Windows does by default, hence why they usually need to be
ejected first). But you don't use Windows, so I'm not sure what you're
saying.

All I'm saying is that I think hotplugging is not universally
supported (even 100% of modern OSes: e.g. Linux maybe, FreeBSD maybe
not), and you probably shouldn't just unplug the device willy-nilly
unless its file cache has been manually flushed. So you might get data
corruption if you're not careful to eject manually first.

I'm not sure that's what you meant or if that's your problem, but just FYI.