Hi folks,

I am working on a 1990 386SX with 4M of RAM these days, and I have some
troubles setting up XMS management on it.

Here's what happens:

* HIMEMX v3.32: freezes the PC at boot time (I tried all possible A20
management policies, doesn't change anything)

* XMGR 4-aug-2012: freezes the PC at boot time (I tried all possible A20
management policies, doesn't change anything)

* FDXMS 0.94: loads fine, most applications work fine, but Wolf3D
detects no XMS memory.

* FDXXMS 0.94: loads fine, but 'mem' displays all extended memory as "used".

* FDXMS286 0.03: loads fine, all applications work fine (including
Wolf3D), but the system freezes randomly just after launching or
quitting applications (even if these applications do not use XMS).

FDXMS 0.94 seems to be the most reliable yet on this system, but still
not perfect (Wolf3D doesn't see any XMS memory).

I am confident there are many 386 owners here - what do you use for XMS
management on your systems?

cheers,
Mateusz