The qemu wikibook [0] also lists NE2000, Intel e1000 and AMD PCNET as
being optionally emulated.  Drivers for those & the rtl8139 can also
be found here [1]. According to qemu networking setup wiki book [2],
the e1000 is the default.

[0] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Devices/Network
[1] http://www.georgpotthast.de/sioux/packet.htm
[2] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Networking