Hi,

(before I comment on my brief experiences with your distro)

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Alain Mouette <ala...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I personaly prefer a mainstream distribution. I used Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
>
> The reason is that if other programs are need in the Linux part, it
> would be easy to install.
> Dosemu has a pretty good interation with Linux...

I'm not sure what is the best foundation to build upon. Debian? Arch?
Gentoo?? Linux From Scratch??? (Heck, even FreeBSD used to support
DOSEMU, but nowadays you're probably stuck with an ancient QEMU 0.11
or perhaps bhyve, which I've never tried).

I'm not complaining. Your distro is interesting, but I'm not sure I
have much insight for how to noticeably improve it.

Puppy is quite a bit smaller than Ubuntu. I'm honestly not sure if
they still make Ubuntu derivatives anymore. I'm still (sometimes)
natively using ancient Lucid Puppy, which is considered quite old. I
do see some builds (and forgot I briefly tested under VM) Tahr-Pup
6.x, but I don't know the details. The only real advantage to Puppy is
leanness (perhaps too much), thus much smaller size. Of course,
whichever Puppy version being compatible with an LTS release isn't bad
by any stretch. Though I don't honestly know if it's worth switching,
if you know what I mean.

So I don't really keep up-to-date with Puppy by any stretch, even if I like it.

1). http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/puppy-tahr/iso/

(unfortunately, the following topics are somewhat old, so they may not
apply to all versions)

2a). http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=57096
2b). http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=87318