Hi Michael,

I see what a SMD pick and place machine does, yes :-)

So basically there are two apps, one for DOS and one
for Windows, and you would prefer them to run on some
still supported DOS and Windows (or Wine). What are
the issues with this at the moment? I do not expect
you to have Q-Soft sources, so porting would not be
an option, only making FreeDOS and Wine or ReactOS
more compatible to Q-Soft.

Even then it will be tricky to replace broken hardware
in the machine itself, as you say it is very ISA oriented.

You could allegedly use a virtual machine to redirect
I/O to something PCI, but that would be less real-time
to say the least.

I expect the GUI part and the machine part to communicate
over a network, so I hope the GUI is much less hardware
specific. Yet you say ReactOS is no option even there?
You seem to be closely watching the ReactOS progress.
Eric