On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 5:48 PM <joseph.nor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If any of you remember Qedit, or its big brother TSE (the Semware Editor),
> you may be interested to know that TSE if released as freeware.
>
> You can download a copy at www.semware.com.
>
> Though the Windows version is prominently displayed, you’ll also see
> the DOS version can be downloaded as well.
>
> Here’s a link to the DOS version:
>
> https://semware.com/files/tse-pro-install/tse250e.zip
>
> The file should be unzipped at the root of your DOS system with
> directory structure preserved (pkunzip -d tse250e.zip).  Unzip does
> this automatically.  You’ll have a directory called TSE250E which you
> might want to rename to TSE.
>
> Note that, this is the version from 1997, and it hasn’t been updated
> in a while.  Jemex may have problems with it, but, not sure which program
> is at fault.
>
> Now that the program can be downloaded, testing may be possible to
> determine this.

Very cool! It's not open source, so we can't include it in FreeDOS.
But it's still great to see classic DOS software released as freeware.
(A lot of the older software may not have source code to share anyway,
or may be unavailable for other reasons.)

I'm sure others will be interested in this, so I'll post a news item
about it on the FreeDOS website.

Jim