I recall Qedit, and used it back in the day, though it was never my
primary editor.

It got renamed from Qedit to TSE due to a trademark issue.  Qedit author Sammy
Mitchell was unaware there was another editor called WEDIT, provided
by Hewlett-Packard for their midrange multi-user systems line.  Oops!

If memory seres, Qedit itself got renamed TSE, Jr., and was identical
to Qedit.  Full TSE was a shareware product intended to be a
significant improvement on Qedit.  What is offered on the Semware
website is TSE Pro 2.5, a significant upgrade to TSE 2.0, and a
commercial product.

I haven't looked at the Windows and Linux versions that aer now
freeware, nor have I had a chance to look at the DOS offering,  But I
was in email contact with Sammy back when he was developing the
Windows and Linux versions.  I don't think they have much in common
with the DOS product.  Among other things, Sammy was creating a new
language that could be used to write editors in.  I very much doubt
what was done in the Semware Editor for Windows and Linux is
*possible* under DOS.  It requires memory, a multitasking OS, and a
more advanced file system than DOS can offer,

I have to drop Sammy a note, but I suspect he made the Semware Editor
freeware because it was no longer a viable commercial product,
Competition in that area is brutal.  There are various commercial
editors for tjhings like Java development still out there, but the
most popular current general purpose programmers are Microsoft's
commercial Visual Studio product, and their free and open source
Visual Studio Code product, based on the Electron framework first
introduced for Github's Atom editor.  Github has since sunsetted the
Atom project, and it will see no further development. VSC ate it for
lunch.

If you are running DOS, the new freeware TSE Pro 2.5 produuct may be a
very nice upgrade oer what ou have, and I'm pleased to see it offered,
______
Dennis