On 10/21/2022 2:14 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

I'm not a normal windows user obviously, but personally, I love when windows apps have text interfaces,

Well, that is a rather personal preference. I am using for years now a Windows freeware editor called PSPad. That handles all the text files in sizes that ever make sense to load, as well as having a build-in hex editor mode where you can even edit binary files. Though I recently ran into the issue that it currently treats CP/M text files as binary files and opens them by default in Hex mode, because they have a (sequence of) Ctrl-Z (1Ah) EOF characters at the end. But the author is pretty responsive on his forum and is apparently looking into adding this into his detection routine. It has a lot of features that I need when dealing with text files (sorting, deleting duplicate/empty lines, detect line mode (CR-LF, LF, CR) as well as supporting syntax highlighting for a lot of different languages, a tons of character encodings), all with a modest size and an not overly complicated menu system.

it means I don't have to worry about them not working with my screen reader.  I deliberately didn't download the windows version, because I just figured it'd be another one of those fancy editors that refuse to behave for screen readers.  Now I need to go give it another look.

The TSE interface kind of looks comparatively "out of place" on Windows, so I doubt that I am going to use it much if at all. But then the character based UI might indeed make it better suited for text readers, for which I luckily don't have any use.  ;-)
But I might start using it (the DOS version) again on (Free)DOS...

Thanks for the info. :)

You're welcome...

Ralf