On Tue, 04 Nov 2014, Roman Naumenko wrote:
You definitely can set up separate instances of 389-ds. Preferably
this should be done on separate hosts than IPA masters because
otherwise you'll have a number of practical issues with different
instances binding to the same LDAP/LDAPS ports and so  on.

Is 389-ds equivalent of RedHat Directory Server
(http://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/cloud-computing/directory-server)?
Red Hat Directory Server is what is known as 389 Directory Server
(389-ds) upstream project. Essentially, it is the same code. If you have
specific questions about support of Red Hat Directory Server, I'd
suggest you to ask them Red Hat sales/support people (of which I'm
neither one). ;)

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy