From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Z K
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:03 AM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>; Brad Matushewski
<bjmat...@uwo.ca>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] recon-all exited with ERRORS

I think its referring to the hard disk space in the virtual machine. You
probably ran out which is not surprising, as the amount of free space provided
with the disk image is fairly small. The fact the your host machine has 305Gb
of HD on the host machine is unknown to the virtual machine.

See if you can expand the hard disk space of the virtual machine (not sure if
this is adjustable or not). Also, try setting up a shared folder between the
two (this has other potential issues, but is worth trying).

-Zeke

On 10/13/2016 10:58 AM, Brad Matushewski wrote:
> Thank you, Bruce for the rapid reply.  I am running Freesurfer on a (Windows
> 10 based), virtual machine.  I installed / set it up according to the
> directions posted here:
> https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/Installation/FreeSurferVirtu
> alImage
>
> ...specifically referring to the recommended memory suggestions of 4MB.
> Otherwise, I saw no other options for specifying memory requirements.
>
> What is the nature of this memory error and how do I go about fixing it?  I
> know that I have 305 Gb of HD.

contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly dispose of the e-mail.