Alan

I think you are about 15 years behind the current hardware.... :-)

Best small linux boxes are Odroid with say 16GB eMMC. AUD$70.

beats the crap out of a Banana  Pi or , "a Dual Core armv7hl" no matter what hard disk you think of.

probably by a factor of 10 on every benchmark on the planet for about the same or less  power consumption.

and has a gigabit NW interface and supports 90% utilization....

HOWEVER yes, it should be fine on OpenDV.