Geeze, Nick.

You can't *make* people do the right thing.  People have to want to do the
right thing.  People don't want to do the right thing.  (Speaking in
majority terms now, minority exceptions don't count).  Things won't change
until people change.  When will that be?  Not in our lifetime, people are
slow learners, and relatively stupid, statistically speaking.  We're talking
on the evolutionary time scale before the collective good will come before
the individual profit on this particular spec of the cosmos.

--Doug

BTW, I'm a realist.  Not a pessimist, nor an optimist.  Roger probably
understands.  And Steve.  I kind of wonder about some of the rest of you,
though.

Doug Roberts
drobe...@rti.org
d...@parrot-farm.net