On 18-10-2008 23:57, Simon Royal, [EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote:

> With both cards installed (and the monitor hooked to the ATI card) the
> machine will not get any further than the grey apple screen. I tried it
> without the AGP card installed and it boots as normal.
>
> Any ideas?

Hello Simon,

A very old trick, mostly working (at least when booting in 9.2.2) on  Macs
of the Sawtooth generation and before: Just connect a videocable or a single
converter to the AGP card and try again.
One of my archives-Macs, a Sawtooth/450 has the original AGP (ATI Rage 128
Pro) and 2 PCI (ATI Rage 128) out of a Yikes and 3 monitors oc. When I
sometimes need the monitor connected to the AGP (to check a Mac for a client
or so), I simply connect a VGA -> Mac connector to the AGP. Works OK.

HTH,

Jo Hissel