>At 7:38 PM -0800 11/19/2008, Ernest L. Gunerius wrote:
>>One limitation I have not seen mentioned recently is the practice of
>>some TelComs of doubling their subscribers in remote rural areas by
>>Pair Gaining the existing Copper Pairs that service the remote areas.
>
>Nasty practice.  Not compatible with V.92 either, as I recall,
>because of the extra a/d conversions, so the modem has to fall back
>to the older standards.
>
>>Apple at one time had a small app for download that would allow the
>>user to easily modify the Phone Script.
>
>The scripts are plain text; no special app was ever required.
>
>- Dan.
>--
>- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth

I dimly recall that the Apple App had a mini-tutorial and User guide
that explained the Hayes Modem Scripts and the effect of various
combinations of the commands in plain English. That made it easy for
the novice to Modem Scripting to achieve their goals.

The actual script writing was reduced to a few key strokes.
Admittedly the scripts were not optimum but when faced with new
terminology and deplorable references with personal ignorance any
help is thankfully received. Once the initial hurdles were past I
never used the Apple Pgm again.

ErnieG