On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu
> wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2010, at 12:18 PM, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:
>
> > I hardly ever see any of that . Probably because my friends are more
> > knowledgeable. Those who sent the garish ones year ago, the         "
> > circuit letters"  have been warned off. But if it is a truly personal
> > message rather than prefab I do not object.
>
> You don't do computer support for ~600 faculty, staff and students, in
> addition to the myriad mailing lists I'm on.
>
> You would not believe what some folks consider acceptable for
> 'professional' email correspondence. People do things like pick ornate
> script fonts at 8 points on floral backgrounds to send official email, and
> embed page-wide  animated gifs' of stupid little smiley blobs doing the wave
> in their .sig
>
> <http://msnemotions.org/emoticons/1572.Smiliey-Wave.html>
>
> So you see it in every....damn....email you get from them.

So faculty puts this in their requests for IT service? Jeez !

I will ask the JMC IT guy if he get's these.  I would question the
credentials of an instructor or prof who used hokeyness in academic
communication. I have not seen it in messages from faculty here. But then I
would expect Journalism and mass communications faculty to know better.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer

fluxstrin...@gmail.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxstreamcommunication/