On Feb 10, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Jesse wrote:

> This now makes total sense. I was curious as to why it would only have
> a VGA out. It wasn't an issue b/c the monitor I'm hooking it into is
> an old 19" Trinitron (mounted in portrait orientation for a MAME
> cabinet), so all I needed was VGA.
>
> I had a feeling it was mac-specific... every time I did a search on
> the part number, it always returned as a Mac part.
>
> So does anyone have experience using this card in anything other than
> the Xserve?

It SHOULD "just work", as the only difference between this and a retail Radeon
7000, iirc, was the lack of the other ports. Have you tried it on a more modern
monitor than the old 19" one? It's remotely possible it's putting out a signal
that won't work on the monitor, but my suspicion is that it's a dead card.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona