On Feb 10, 2:17 pm, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>
wrote:
> It SHOULD "just work", as the only difference between this and a retail
> Radeon 7000, iirc, was the lack of the other ports. Have you tried it on a
> more modern monitor than the old 19" one? It's remotely possible it's putting
> out a signal that won't work on the monitor, but my suspicion is that it's a
> dead card.

I ran into a similar problem with the Radeon 7000 in a Beige G3 when I
used it with a Radius Intellicolor 20e CRT monitor.   Unfortunately,
that was about seven years ago and I don't remember the details.
There was a way for me to get it to work.  And I'm not even certain it
was with the Radius.  Maybe it was with an IBM 18.1" LCD from 2000.

At the time I suspected that it had to do with some newish, at the
time, signalling system that monitors were using to signal or detect
which resolutions were available.  And I was able to get around it
somehow.

I may have done something like using a VGA to Mac adapter coupled with
a Mac to VGA adapter.  Or maybe booting with extensions off.   Once I
had the thing booted and the resolution set to a lower level things
were fine.  The problem appeared to be that the video card defaulted
to too high of a resolution for the ones supported by the monitor, or
something.

It's possible I posted a question about it in one of these lists, so a
search of posts back around 2002 - 2005 might turn something up.

Jeff Walther