On Feb 10, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Jesse wrote:

I will give it one more go -- the seller will refund the price if it
doesn't work. My suspicions is that it IS dead as I tried it in a B&W
G3 Yosemite and got nothing.

Make sure you use the special video PCI slot when using a B&W.

It should be so much easier to get a cheap, functional card for the
Sawtooth that's capable of doing monitor rotation.

I'm still not convinced it's dead yet, it could be a PC card without a Mac ROM. You've never said what System Profiler reports as the ROM version (firmware revision in System Profiler)?