Thank you, gentlemen, for responding. You're info is helping my memory.
Len, I followed yor lead and found a good 80-68-50 SCA adapter on eBay for
under $4 shipped, so hurrah! Thank you. Bill, I believe our card at school
was indeed an Atto - the only one Digidesign approved for ProTools at that
time, iirc.
Will check Trish's Hardware Hell; never heard of it :-)
Thanks again,
Dana