On Jan 16, 12:28 pm, Len Gerstel <lgers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2013, at 7:34 PM, t...@prismnet.com wrote:

> > Do you remember where you got them?  Part number?   I would dearly
> > like to get some $5 SCA<=>50 pin adapters with termination.   There
> > are a bunch of 2.5" SCSI drives available now in the ~$10 range would
> > would make nice little drives in older machines, if affordable
> > adapters with termination could be found.
>
> I just picked some of the cheap ones off ebay from Hong Kong. A
> little longer shipping, but I see some right now for $2.75 each
> shipped. So if you are not in a hurry (I seem to remember them taking
> about 10 days to get to me), they are a pretty good deal.
>
> Just search for SCA 50 pin and that will get them.

All the ones I see do not have termination.  A close examination of
the jumpers on the majority of those pictured reveals a jumper for
termination power, but none for termination.  Also, a close look at
the photos indicates that there are no components on the board that
could provide termination, even if there were a jumper.

For an adapter to have termination, there must be something like
resistor packs or small voltage regulators.

I want to believe.  But so far, I'm not seeing it.

Jeff Walther