From: Carlos Lijeron [mailto:clije...@hunter.cuny.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:18 AM
To: David Trudgian; Peter Cock
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Galaxy on CentOS?

David,

We are in our final configuration stage and tomorrow we have a conversation
with Silicon Mechanics business integration team to discuss the workload
manager, and other details about the data center backbone speed.

As per your suggestion I inquired about using SLURM instead of SGI, but I
havenĀ¹t been able to make a good case as to why this is.  My only support is
your email / suggestion and your existing experience with an HPC, Bright and
SLURM.

My inexperience with this type of setups and lack of personnel at our
institution makes me rely 100% of everyone's feedback in this group

Thank you David and anyone else in the group for your contributions and
suggestions.

Attached is the diagram of our future implementation.  Another concern that I
have is that our sequencer will be located 0.5 miles from the HPC, but there is
a 10 Gpbs point to point connection between the 2 buildings.
I wanted to find a way to calculate / predict the average amount of traffic
that will go from the sequencer to the HPC so we can allocate specific
bandwidth for our use and leave the rest to other users.

Carlos.

On 5/5/15, 10:24 AM, "David Trudgian" <david.trudg...@utsouthwestern.edu>
wrote:

>Our Galaxy is running on RedHat 6.6 on our cluster - which is basically
>identical to CentOS 6.6. Per Peter's email we haven't had any big
>issues with Galaxy on CentOS 6.x.
>
>You are likely to want to use the postgresql packages from
>www.postrgresql.org, not the out-of-date versions that come with the
>distribution. I also installed an up-to-date python 2.7.x for Galaxy
>using pyenv but this shouldn't be necessary - Galaxy should work fine
>on python 2.6. In my case I did it to have a standard setup with other
>apps that do need python 2.7.
>
>Which workload manager will your cluster manager be configured to use?
>
>DT

UT Southwestern

Medical Center

The future of medicine, today.