On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:24 AM, David Trudgian
<david.trudg...@utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:
> I also installed an up-to-date python 2.7.x for Galaxy using pyenv but this
> shouldn't be necessary - Galaxy should work fine on python 2.6.

I would strongly suggest using the latest Python 2.7 for any new
Galaxy deployment. Though there is no plan to right now, inevitably we
will have to deprecate 2.7 support. In particular, if we want to do a
Python 2 and 3 compatible Galaxy we would need to use 2.7 features.

--
James Taylor
Ralph S. O'Connor Associate Professor of Biology