I'll update planemo to explicitly check for virtualenv before running
Galaxy and give a very clear error message in this scenario.

I guess I could even make it an explicit dependency of planemo in
setup.py/PyPI - I wonder if it would be okay for planemo to mask the
OS virtualenv when installing via pip, hmm...

-John