Hi Fernandez,

We saw something very like that with mixed versions of Linux,
specifically our Galaxy head node where pysam was installed
had CentOS 7, but the node where Galaxy was trying to run
the metadata detection was CentOS 6. Unfortunately I do
not have a record of the exact traceback - but from memory
it was the same problem in pysam with gzopen64.

(We'd already fought problems with Python mis-matches,
GLIBC versions, etc and had carefully built Python on
CentOS 6 in order to run on both CentOS 6 and 7.)

At this point we gave up, and will run the Galaxy node on the
same version of Linux as the Cluster - and plan to upgrade
the cluster before the Galaxy node. That way all the stuff
Galaxy installs (e.g. via the ToolShed) ought to work on the
cluster.

Peter