Hi, M.J.
I really like the sound of your Empire game. It sounds like the kinds of
computer and board games I once played long ago.
Fortunately, I think there is a legal way around making an accessible
version for sale. First off rewrite from scratch, you might want to do
that anyway for  maximum accessibility, and then add in some of your
own  elements. Say instead of cities they are planets, instead of ships
they are spaceships, etc. That is just one twist I can think of.
Another thing is change the name of your game. Instead of Empire call it
something else. Allot of companies have used ideas from another company,
repackaged it, gave it a nice new name, and then sold it. Those kinds of
things should keep you well under the radar.