From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Brandon Cole
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:49 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] playability of Playstation 2 games?

Yes, I see your points, Tom, and I've already given my own personal
definitions of accessible and playable as well as examples. My
definitions
are different than yours, but I think several would have different
opinions
on this subject. I would like to bring up fighting games, as they are
probably the games with the easiest menus except of course for games
meant
for the younger generation, some of which have no menus at all. Anyway,
most
fighting games follow a patern with their menus. The first option is
almost
guaranteed to bring you into the game's arcade mode, the second into the

versus mode, and so on. While I can accept your memory wipe situation, I

would say that as long as the portion of my memory existed that told me
what
type of game I was dealing with, I could jump into something like a
fighting
game fairly quickly. I mean to play MK Armageddon, for instance, all one

needs to do is press X twice. The music changes, and you're in the
character
selection screen. TO me, that'd be enough. To me, that makes Mortal
Kombat
an accessible game, rather than just a playable one. But as I have
already
stated, this is simply my own opinion and set of standards. I see where
you're coming from as well.