HI Thomas, you can change the distance model and roll-off factor with OpenAL.

Smiles,s

Cara :)
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/ModelCara

On Jun 7, 2013, at 8:22 PM, Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Willem,

I know what you mean. A couple of years ago I updated MOTA to use
OpenAL via SFML and the panning calculations were done using a
logarithmic roll-off factor. It was correct from a mathematical point
of view, correct from a programming point of view, but everyone and
their uncle complained about the audio because it sounded wrong to
them. The reason for that is they were use to the way DirectSound uses
a linear roll-off when panning, and there was no way to reconcile the
two approaches to audio.

Cheers!