Hi Dark,

Okay, I get where you are coming from, and I need to clarify a few
things here. By Inform I mean the Inform 7 language itself not Glulx.
Yes, I know basically Glulx is an updated and extended version of
Inform, but when I say Inform I mean Inform not Glulx. So with that in
mind Inform 7 itself isn't the best option for an RPG, because it has
a limited number of types, (objects,) for handling massive numbers of
stats. Glulx is indeed better for this sort of thing because Glulx was
written and expanded to handle all kinds of things that Inform on its
own couldn't do.

However, I will also admit I am coming from a slightly biased opinion.
I am a college educated programmer who has worked with everything from
script kiddy languages like Inform to assembly code. As a result it is
sort of beneath me to go back to using a language like Inform or
Glulx, which I consider script kiddy languages,  because I can see
their limitations firsthand. I feel boxed in by lack of features, lack
of ability to do what I want to do with it, and regard them as
languages for rank amateurs. An attitude I am sure most interactive
fiction writers would probably not appreciate.

The problem has to do with object oriented programming and philosophy.
In OOP languages like C++ I can create an unlimited number of classes
to build anything and everything my heart desires just by writing the
class and then creating an object of that type in my program. In a
language like Inform you have 16 basic types such as Doors, Man,
Woman, Animal, Thing, etc with very little ability to expand those
types or modify how they function. They are just there, and you have
to make do with them. So as a more advanced programmer I want to be
able to go into the underlying classes and modify how the doors work,
define what a Man or Woman is, and if I want to create a special
creature or monster of some kind I don't want to use a generic Animal
type. I want to be able to define more specific monster classes etc. I
hope I'm making sense here.

I guess what I am saying is if I am going to write a full fledge
Dungeons and Dragons RPG I'd start out with a language like Python
instead of Inform, because I can create specific classes for orcs,
goblins, elves, demons, warriors, you name it without having to rely
on generic types like Man, woman, or Animal. Why should I, a skilled
programmer, settle for generic classes and simplistic game mechanics
when I can write something better?

Cheers!