Hi thom.

Having had the trouble with net framework 1, (admittedly a solvable problem,
but I spent almost a year not knowing that), I'm certainly synpathetic to
people's inability to run games.

However, as there are so few people devoting time and resources to creating
audio games, and given the time it usually takes for dev's ---- despite
their best efforts, to bring out new titles, i think speed of developement
is a real concern.

As you said, in theory update patches should take care of the
incompatibility problems with direct X and net framework on most modern
pc's. do the problems only occur with older machines or versions of windows?
If the games are only incompatible with a few systems over about 6 years
old, then maybe just pushing forward would be a good idea, after all, as far
as computers go six years is a long time.

If on the other hand you can have a comparatively new machine and stil have
trouble running net framework etc, then perhaps it's worth considdering the
changes.
Phil's suggestion seems like a nice balance. On the one hand you don't want
to alienate people who just happen not to have the most modern ultra
uptodate equipment, but on the other it'd be a waste of time making audio
games compatible with every kind of computing device from abacus onwards,
simply because there's someone who thinks everything that happened to
computing after the death of Pythagoras was generally bad.

I might be exadgerating just a litle tiny bit here Grin.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.

From: "Thomas Ward" <tw