Hi Dark,

Well, I can say I have looked at the possibility of adding voice
commands to Final Conflict as I like the idea of being able to
actually order fire photon torpedo's verbally rather than selecting it
from a menu etc. In a turn based strategy game such as that there is
no time critical game play and you can basically give all the commands
verbally just as easily, if not more so, than the menus.

However, in a racing game I am pretty certain voice input would not
work. Most analog racing games allow for sharp turns and precision
driving around curves which require the right amount of turn on the
racing wheel or controller. Voice input does not give that degree of
precision. If a gamer yells "left" how left is left?

Besides as someone who has played racing games, mainstream and
accessible, I prefer having a physical controller in my hands. I like
being able to turn the wheel, hit the breaks, and the feel of driving
a car even if it is virtual. Telling the car what to do like a virtual
version of KITT wouldn't nearly be as fun or entertaining.

However, I do think voice input would be perfectly fine for an RPG.
Perhaps a roguelike game such as Entombed. I could see giving
directions such as north, south, east, west, take, drop, etc being
well suited to that type of game.

Cheers!