Hi.

I actually rather enjoy the carving skills and other activities, though I've not quite got my mind around how brewing works as yet, sinse currently it seems what herbs I gather are random, and what recipe gets made for my tinctures or salves is somewhat random as well, and rather difficult to replicate sinse I can't guarantee to find the same ingredients next time.

While I can't see Alter as a crafting mud where you spend time on carpentry or smithing or whatever (there are other muds that do that), I do like the options that let you do and create different things and gain experience working at something other than slaughtering your way through hoards of enemies.

I actually wonder if the jobs system could have a little of this sort of thing involved. I know we have priest jobs (which I've not tried yet), but it might be fun to have jobs for other professions which required you to make an item, perhaps something specific.

For example, a mage or druid could be tasked with brewing something with specific herbs plus an item gathered from a mob, or a necromancer could be tasked with finding a number of sul stones from specific targets.

Thieves could be asked to pick a specific person's pocket etc, with the task you were given defigned by your skillset.

All the best,