You should always be looking to build more houses as a general thing, once your population reaches a multiple of four build another, and carry on doing that as often as you can. You can speed up the process by making lots of your people into builders and letting them all work at once. In terms of raiding, if i remember correctly your better off with one big raiding party rather than several small ones, since they do more over all damage to the yetti, indeed as I recall I once defeated them with five knights, five soldiers and three rangers, though at that point I think my general population was in the thirties.

all the best,