Hello tom.

I certainly appreciate having the original game recreated as exactly as
possible in audio. Thus far, though many audio games have been "based on"
classic games, I don't think they've been exact replications with the same
layout, physics etc. For example, the maze in Packman talks I believe, is
not a replication of the original packman maze, ----- though it's entirely
possible I'm wrong on this point.

I can also see this sort of thing being a good way to introduce sited gamers
to audio gaming, in a similar way to the remake game "One switch manic
miner" a one switch remake of the old spectrum game.

however, it does seem a slight shame that all the level designing that has
been done both by yourself and James North is completely scrapped,
especially for those people who played the previous demos.

One approach I've seen several remakes use, is to offer both "new" and
"classic" content. Thus you get the remake of the original game, but with
various optional extras.

So in Monti for example, you could offer a choice (perhaps in the main
menue), betwene the classic temple maps, and the redesigned ones.

Obviously, how possible this would be will heavily depend upon how
compatible the new level maps would be with the changes your making to the
game core in order to play the classic maps, ---- and how much trouble
re-designing the "new" maps would be.

I must admit I'm slightly disappointed about the delayed release (I'm rather
looking forward to Monti), but it does strike me that when the game is
released, having as much content available as possible would be a good
thing. Also, as I said, it seems a shame that the work put into level design
might be wasted.

Of course, sinse my knolidge of programming is entirely theoretical, it's
quite probable that I'm talking a complete load of rubbish here as far as
doing anything practical goes.

Stil, that's my suggestion anyway.

Beware the Grue!

dark.

Ps: Maybe at some point in the future, when other usa games projects are
done and dusted you might considder creating some kind of map maker program
for Monti, so that people who've bought the game could design their own
levels. That would be fantastic!