Hello che.

while I take the point about single player games, what you say does slightly
concern me as regards the Pvp aspect.

cooperative quests, and interactions with other players deffinately appeals
to me, but Pvp isn't quite as much my thing, and I'd be slightly
disappointed if this aspect of the game took things over slightly (as it has
in some other games I've heard of).

will there be some kind of limit on player killing, such as only having
specific areas for it? or choosing account types? (pvp or not).

According to my brother, in world of warcraft, you can choose to either play
on a Pvp enabled or disabled server, ----- even on the disabled server,
there are battle ground areas specifically for fighting other players if you
want. apparently though, Pvp servers can be a pain, sinse you can basically
be ambushed and attacked by total strangers at almost any point when your
not somewhere safe, my brother says this can be a particular pest when out
of quests.

Of course, other sorts of competitions such as raking, or contests not
involving player killing are apparently encouraged on both servers.

I imagine I'll be more in the minority in wanting slightly less of the Pvp
game aspects, stil, while your at the planning stage I thought I'd put in a
word.

Beware the Grue!